Immediately next door to The Wig & Mitre on Steep Hill is The Wig & Mitre Wine & Gift Shop selling a large selection of fine, interesting and affordable wines, champagnes from around the world and gifts. We also stock a variety of spirits, beers and ales including bottles of our Harby home brewed beers. All the wines on our pubs wine lists are available from our OFF SALES PRICE LIST . If you are looking for something in particular please do not hesitate to contact us on 01522 518197 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are happy to deliver to within a 10 mile radius of The Wig & Mitre, Caunton Beck or The Bottle & Glass.
Every Saturday you are welcome to visit The Wig & Mitre Wine & Gift Shop where we will be opening a bottle or two from our superb selection of wines to taste and enjoy. We look forward to seeing you!
As you know we do like to be ahead of the game and the latest news from our Wine & Gift Shop is below…..
- Our effort to bring to you the most extensive line up of burgundy wines continues. We offer 4 wines at Grand Cru level, these are wines for your special occasions; we have 3 wines at Premier Cru level and 11 wines at Village levels; Meursault, Chassagne Montrachet, Gevrey Chambertin and many, many more.
- Concerning other regions and countries, we are keeping a close eye on the South African market as these wines offer great value for money. We are also tracking the progress of less well known Spanish wine regions such as Ribera del Duero, La Mancia and Bierzo as these Spanish wines have great fruit flavour and there are some really juicy fresh tasting red wines.
- We have been inspired by the success of Lincoln City Football Club we are offering great a wide selection of quality wines featuring the Lincoln Imp on the label.
- From May 27th to June 3rd it is English Wine Week. We are offering a wide selection of English wines and local fruit wines.
- We also have a wide range of quirky gadgets and party pieces. These includes a Vodka Zinger which helps you flavour your vodka with whatever fruit you like.
- We also host many tutored wine tastings for those of you who want to broaden your wine knowledge.
- On the 6th April, we have an Italian Tasting with wines such as Soave, Gavi, Nebbiolo and a superb Grenache from Sardinia.
- On the 16th June, there is a French tasting featuring arguably the best Rosé wines in the world.
- On the 7th September, we will be tasting wines from America, yet to be confirmed, but as always with the Wig and Mitre Group the quality is assured.
Please feel free to call in and have a chat about our wines, speciality beers and forthcoming events
Mon – Fri 10.30am – 5.30pm
Sat 10.00am – 5.30pm
Sun 11.00am – 4.00pm